In the previous article, of the series on technical interview questions, I shared the real interview questions I have been asked for middle-sized company that commercialize HR solutions. I have gone through my mails and found a memo to myself for a series of interviews I had for job vacancy in a small arbitrage company.
It was the best technical interview I had so far. Unfortunately, I failed in the last interview (-I had 3 technical interview sessions with this company-). This is a good example of interview where you learn a lot. Fellow I had interview with has a very solid background and the way he prepared the interview aimed to screen the candidate on different aspects using direct knowledge questions, discussions about a large and vague topics, puzzles etc.
- Write a method that multiplies 2 integers without using * operator
- What is the difference between 1 byte and 1 bit ?
- What is the default visibility of a class ?
- What is the length of a char in bits ? What about unsigned char ?
- What is the last element of a chain of characters ?
- What is the type of the result when you divide an integer by a double ?
- What is the difference between
- Which of the following types is not a reference type ?
- Which of the following exceptions cannot be caught -_generally_-?
- A unit test lets
- to test a module via GUI
- to test an isolated method
- to test a method and underlying layers it depends to
- to test the persistence
- What is dependency injection ?
- Do you follow any blogs ?
- What is the last technical book you have read or you are reading ?
- Difference between
Double, which one is faster ?
- How the garbage collector works ?
- Describe and state the difference -if comparable- of the following notions
- Have you heard about continuous integration ?
- Difference between
- When you have the following code, the field
Idis kept in the heap or in the stack ?
List<t>is implemented ?
- Have you heard about C.Q.R.S ?
- Have you heard about R.E.S.T ?
- Difference between web service and messaging ?
- Write FizzBuzz on paper?
- I have 8 balls. All balls have same weight except one which is heavier. How many weighing should I do to spot the heaviest ball ?
- Imagine you observed a performance problem on the software you working on. How would you proceed to spot the problem ?
- What happens at the moment I write google.com on navigation bar and hit enter ?
- Do Html pages contain images ?
- Refactor a -heavily damaged- windows forms application.